The Ghost of Podcasts Past
- FastCompany names RadioTail one of the leaders in citizens media, saying “If there’s gold in citizen media’s hills, these guys are selling both the map and the shovels.”
- RadioTail opens its ad network to all podcasters with Ripple at the Podcast and Portable Media Expo. TechCrunch said “This growing economy will have a tail, it will need to be analyzed, and RadioTail’s free stats service is likely to work well for many podcast publishers.”
- Focus Films promotes its movie “Catch a Fire” with Tim Robbins across the RadioTail network.
- RadioTail debunks the five myths of podcasting in iMedia Connection.
- RadioTail takes podcasting to the streets with speaking engagements at the Podcast Expo, Harvard Business School and Hofstra Journalism School.
The Ghost of Podcasts Present
After only a couple years of existence, podcasting is embraced by the Oxford Dictionary, every major media company, Steve Jobs, and The Office creator Ricky Gervais (who now holds the Guinness World Record for the most downloaded podcast). Independent podcast producers such as Grammar Girl, Tikibar TV, Ask a Ninja and RocketBoom are happily sharing space on the iTunes top ten list with huge media conglomerates.
The Ghost of Podcasts Yet to Come
Where will podcasting go in 2007? Send your predictions to email@example.com and we’ll summarize them at the start of the New Year!